Incy Wincy Spider activities
• I love spiders – what is your favourite mini-beast? Talk about insects - facts, type, how many legs/wings etc.
• Handprint Spider Puppets - made handprints in black paint and then overlapped them and stuck them together to create a spider shape. On top add googly eyes (or draw some with white crayon) and then attached them to bamboo skewers/lolly sticks and turned them into super simple stick puppets
• Bug hunt – have a look around your garden and try to find some bugs
• Make a big web – indoors or outdoors, you can use string/wool/tape to make a spider web, can be fantastic to play with! Make some flies to get stuck in the web, then rescue them with tweezers/tongs/chopsticks.
• Water play – make different sized holes in bottles to make the rain that washed Incy away!
• Spider and fly dance– when the music plays the fly can move, when the music stops a spider comes and the fly can't move.