Welcome to Whale Class!
The adults in Whale Class are Mr Cain and Mrs Roberts. We both are really enjoying getting to know and learn with your child this year.
Check out our class page for regular updates on our 'Wonderful Whale' learning...
Our topic this half-term is 'To infinity and beyond'!
PE - We have indoor PE on Tuesdays and outdoor PE on Thursdays.
Please make sure that your PE kit is kept in school during term time.
Library - Our library slot is on a Tuesday. Accelerated reader books will be changed when necessary, after the children have completed their comprehension quiz.
Spelling Year 3 & 4:
The National Curriculum outlines the spelling rules that children will learn in Year 3 and Year 4:
- Use further prefixes and suffixes and understand how to add them (such as dis– and –sure)
- Spell further homophones (such as except/accept)
- Spell words that are often misspelt
- Use the possessive apostrophe accurately (plurals)
- Use the first two or three letters of a word to check its spelling in a dictionary
Spelling Year 5 & 6:
The National Curriculum for Years 5 and 6 expects children to be able to:
- Use further prefixes and suffixes and understand the guidance for adding them (such as –able and –ible)
- Spell some words with ‘silent’ letters (such as knight)
- Continue to distinguish between homophones and other words which are often confused
- Use knowledge of morphology and etymology in spelling
- Use dictionaries to check the spelling and meaning of words
- Use a thesaurus
Our star of the week this week:
23/2/18: Austin for improving his reasoning in Maths.
5/2/18: Alfie for using excellent vocabulary choices in his story writing.
26/1/18: Eva for being a superstar.
19/1/18: Bethany for being a conscientious learner.
12/1/18: Alina for showing great perseverance in her Maths learning.
5/1/18: Iris for showing an excellent attitude to her learning.